How to Bathe a Cat (express method - only 8 steps)
- Thoroughly clean the toilet.
- Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water,
and have both lids lifted.
- Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards
- In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and
close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he
cannot escape). CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too
close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any
purchase they can find.
- Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a
"power wash and rinse" which I have found to be quite
- Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that
there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.
- Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly
lift both lids.
- The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run
outside where he will dry himself. JOB WELL DONE!
For small cats or kittens, Step 5 should be omitted.