You know it's time to join E-Mail Anonymous when...
- You wake up at 3 am to go to the bathroom and stop to check your
e-mail on the way back to bed.
- You name your children eudora, aol and dotcom.
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, as if
you just pulled the plug on a loved one.
- You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your
lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.
- You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just
for the free internet access.
- You laugh at people with 14.4-baud modems.
- You start using smileys in your snail mail.
- You find yourself typing "com" after every period when using a
- You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.
- You can't call your mother...she doesn't have a modem.
- You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it
- You don't know what gender three of your closest friends are,
because they have neutral screen names and you never bothered to ask.
- You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you
- You tell the cab driver you live at
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile.
- After reading this message, you immediately e-mail it to a friend