If Men Really Ruled The World
(from November 1998 issue of Maxim Magazine)
- When your girlfriend really needed to talk to you during the
game, she'd appear in a little box in the corner of the screen during a time-out.
- Breaking up would be a lot easier. A smack to the rear and a
"Nice hustle, you'll get 'em next time" would pretty much do it.
- Birth control would come in ale or lager.
- Each year, your raise would be pegged to the fortunes of the NFL team of your choice.
- The funniest guy in the office would get to be CEO.
- "Sorry I'm late, but I got really wasted last night"
would be an acceptable excuse for tardiness.
- At the end of the workday, a whistle would blow and you'd jump
out your window and slide down the tail of a brontosaurus and right into
your car like Fred Flintstone.
- Tanks would be far easier to rent.
- Garbage would take itself out.
- Instead of beer belly, you'd get "beer biceps."
- Instead of an expensive engagement ring, you could present your
wife-to-be with a giant foam hand that said, "You're #1!"
- Valentine's Day would be moved to February 29th so it would only occur in leap years.
- On Groundhog Day, if you saw your shadow, you'd get the day off
to go out with the guys. Mother's Day, too. St. Patrick's Day, however,
would remain exactly the same. But it would be celebrated every month.
- Cops would be broadcast live, and you could phone in advice to
the pursuing cops. Or to the crooks.
- Regis and Kathie Lee would be chained to a cement mixer and
pushed off the Golden Gate Bridge for the most lucrative pay-per-view
event in world history.
- The only show opposite Monday Night Football would be Monday
Night Football from a Different Camera Angle.
- It would be perfectly legal to steal a sports car, as long as you
returned it the following day with a full tank of gas.
... and more from other emails...
- Any fake phone number a girl gave you would automatically forward your call to her real number.
- Nodding and looking at your watch would be deemed an acceptable response to "I love you."
- Hallmark would make "Sorry, what was your name again?" cards.
- "Sorry I'm late, but I got hammered last night" would be an acceptable excuse for tardiness.
- It'd be considered harmless fun to gather 30 friends, put on horned helmets, and go pillage a nearby town.
- Every man would get four real "Get Out of Jail Free" cards per year.
- When a cop gave you a ticket, every smart-aleck answer you responded with would actually reduce your fine.
- The Statue of Liberty would get a bright red, 40-foot thong.
- People would never talk about how fresh they felt.
- Daisy Duke shorts would never again go out of style.
- Telephones would automatically cut off after 30 seconds of conversation.
See also the opposing viewpoint... If Women Ran the World.