How America Works Lately
Let's see if I understand how America works lately...
- If a woman burns her thighs on the hot coffee she was holding in her
lap while driving, she blames the restaurant.
- If your teen-age son kills himself, you blame the rock 'n' roll music
or musician he liked.
- If you smoke three packs a day for 40 years and die of lung cancer,
your family blames the tobacco company.
- If your daughter gets pregnant by the football captain you blame the
school for poor sex education.
- If your neighbor crashes into a tree while driving home drunk, you
blame the bartender.
- If your cousin gets AIDS because the needle he used to shoot up with
heroin was dirty, you blame the government for not providing clean ones.
- If your grandchildren are brats without manners, you blame
- If your friend is shot by a deranged madman, you blame the gun
- And if a crazed person breaks into the cockpit and tries to kill the
pilots at 35,000 feet, and the passengers kill him instead, the mother
of the deceased blames the airline.
I must have lived too long to understand the world as it is anymore.
So if I die while my old, wrinkled butt is parked in front of this
computer, I want you to blame Bill Gates, OK?