Official Baby Boomers Qualifying Exam
- Question #1:
- Name the Beatles - both the first and last name of each, of course.
Consider this a warm-up. [If you can't answer this one without
thinking, close up the test, and move on to something else. We have
nothing further to discuss.]
- Question #2:
- Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, __ __!" Admittedly,
this came along before we boomers were born. But we remember it from
both the movies and the boob tube.
- Question #3:
- "Hey kids, what time is it?" ____ _____ _____ ____.
- Question #4:
- What do M & M's do? ____ __ ____ _____, ___ __ ____ ____.
- Question #5:
- What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? ______ _____.
- Question #6:
- Long before he was "Mohammed Ali," before he was "The Greatest," we
knew him as _________ ______.
- Question #7:
- "You'll wonder where the yellow went, ____ ___ _____ ____ _____ ____
- Question #8:
- Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabees, know Bob Denver
as the Skipper's little buddy." But true boomers know that Bob Denver
is actually Dobie's Gillis' closest friend, _______ _. _____.
- Question #9:
- "M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y... ___? _______ __ ____ ___. _ _ _ _ _
- Question #10:
- Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through
the lobby of the girls' dormitory, _____.
- Question #11:
- "Brylcream... _ ______ ___'__ __ __."
- Question #12:
- Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone ____ __.
- Question #13:
- From the early days of our music, real rock 'n roll, finish this
line: "I wonder, wonder, wonder... wonder who; ___ ____ ___ ____ __
- Question #14:
- And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...
uh-huh, huh... yea; what is it good for? ___________ ____________."
- Question #15:
- This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is
just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone?
Perhaps you could use a little help here:
Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
_____ _____ ___ ___ ____ ____."
- Question #16:
- Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending
battle for truth, justice, and ___ ________ ___.
- Question #17:
- He came out of the University of Alabama, to become one of the best
quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. Later, he went on to appear in
a TV commercial wearing women's stockings. He is Broadway ___ ___.
- Question #18:
- I'm Popeye the sailor man;
I'm Popeye the sailor man.
I'm strong to the finish,
____ _ ___ __ _______.
I'm Popeye the sailor man."
- Question #19:
- Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was most recently
played by Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was
played by ____ ______.
- Question #20:
- In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin
Hoffman, was counseled about his future, and told to consider one
- Question #21:
- In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a
ne'er-do-well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads
of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an
unsuccessful escape attempt, the camp commander (played by Strother
Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners,
explaining, "What we have here is _ _______ __ ________."
- Question #22:
- In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a
race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics.
"Justice I think, you won't have _______ _____ to kick around any
- Question #23:
- "Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive;
He stood six foot six, and weighed 245.
Kinda' broad at the shoulder, and narrow at the hip.
And everybody knew you didn't give no lip,
__ ___ ____, ___ ___ ____."
- Question #24:
- "I found my thrill, __ _________ ____."
You may remember Richie Cunningham saying this. But if you are a
true boomer, you know it was ____ ______ who made this line famous.
- Question #25:
- "Good night, Mrs. Calabash, _________ ___ ___." This originated long
before even the first of us boomers was born. But in order to be a
true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.
- Question #26:
- "Good night, David." "____ _____, ____."
... For the answers scroll down a bit further ...
- John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr
- Oh, My
- It's Howdy Doody Time!
- Melt in your mouth, not in your hands
- Wonder Bread
- Cassius Clay
- When you brush your teeth with Pepsodent
- Maynard G. Krebs
- Why? Because we like you! M-O-U-S-E
- a little dab 'll do ya
- Over 30.
- Who wrote the Book of Love
- Absolutely nothing
- Young girls picked them, every one.
- The American way
- Joe Namath
- 'Cause I eat me spinach
- Mary Martin
- A failure to communicate
- Dick Nixon
- to Big John, Big Bad John
- On Blueberry Hill, Fats Domino
- Wherever you are
- Good night, Chet