In a never-ending effort to attract the unchurched, some churches have
considered translating their unfamiliar terminology into familiar
- Blocking: Talking endlessly to the pastor at the church door and keeping everyone else from exiting.
- Draft Choice: The decision to sit close to an air conditioning vent.
- End Zone: The pews.
- Extra Point: What you receive when you tell the preacher his sermon was too short.
- Illegal Motion: Leaving before the benediction.
- Interference: Talking during the organ prelude.
- Two-minute Warning: The pastor's wife looking at her watch in full view of the pastor.
- Quarterback Sneak: Sunday School teachers entering the building five minutes after classes began.